ACADEMIC ENGLISH INSTRUCTOR - OVERSEAS
Location: New Delhi, India
Compensation: Commensurate with skills
Start Date: Feb. 1, 2020
FACULTY OF SKILLS AND FOUNDATIONAL LEARNING
Are you goal-oriented, organized and passionate about teaching English language learners? Do you enjoy travelling and teaching internationally? Are you a supportive and reliable team player with a respectful positive attitude? If so, consider being an Academic English instructor. This position will be through an extension contract.
NorQuest College is a leader in English language training. More than 500 students study English as a second language (ESL) at NorQuest College, making this the largest ESL school in Edmonton. We have developed the curriculum, resources, and skills to provide top-quality ESL instruction. Our talented and highly qualified instructors bring a wide range of expertise to the classroom. We offer a variety of excellent English programs and courses to meet students’ diverse needs locally and internationally.
The Academic English Instructor will teach a course in New Delhi, India, with tentative dates of February 2020 to June 2020. This course will be focusing on academic English skills training with an IELTS preparation component. Secondment/reassignment opportunities for internal qualified NorQuest staff will be considered.
- Provide language instruction focusing on Academic English skills to help students prepare for pursuing their studies in health care programs
- Provide instruction for IELTS preparation
- Develop the course curriculum, prepare course lesson plans and materials
- Mentor and support the co-instructor
- Teach ESL using a variety of methods including demonstrations, discussions, brainstorming sessions, lectures, seminars, case studies, independent or group projects
- Administer, grade placement testing and assessments as needed
- Design/develop appropriate classroom activities/resources
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments and monitor students’ progress; and adapt teaching style/materials to meet the needs of students
- Maintain attendance records and other documentation as required
- Communicate with the program administrator in Edmonton in a timely manner as needed
- Provide reports to program administrator as needed
- TESL qualifications, a university degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in language teaching; master’s degree preferred
- Excellent classroom management and teaching skills
- Knowledge of IELTS and experience with IELTS preparation training
- Experience and/or understanding of Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Experience in delivering program components to students with various challenges from a variety of cultures and backgrounds
- Valid passport valid until 2021
- Ability to be eligible for a visa in India
- Teaching abroad experience is an asset
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience. Please note that this position is to teach a course in New Delhi, India, with tentative dates of February 2020 to June 2020. This course will be focusing on academic English skills training with an IELTS preparation component.
Secondment/reassignment opportunities for internal qualified NorQuest staff will be considered.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2019-2580
CLOSING DATE: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please go to this website: https://careers-norquest.icims.com/jobs/2580/academic-english-instructor---overseas/job
NOTE: Notification of receipt will be sent only to online applicants.
Apply to: Seppy.Masoodi@norquest.ca