Childcare Worker Instructor
Compensation: Hourly $30 - $50
Start Date: March 4, 2024
Solomon College, a leading language, employment, and skills training provider in
Edmonton, Alberta is excited to be offering a new employment training program to prepare newcomers with language and cultural barriers with the skills needed to work in the childcare industry.
We are looking for an experienced instructor for our Childcare Worker program. The program prepares learners for the Level 1 Early Childhood Educator Certification exam. The program includes 5 months of in-class learning followed by a 1-month field experience. The successful candidate will be an experienced TESL instructor and have knowledge of the childcare industry, workplace Skills for Success, employment skills, and Canadian Language Benchmarks.
Classes will be held in person Monday to Friday from 9:15 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
This teaching position starts in March 4, 2024.
- Teach classes using developed curriculum and training materials
- Administer formative and summative assessments during the program
- Facilitate workshops in workplace Skills for Success
- Coordinate training for safety certificates
- Together with the employment counsellor, support students during employment readiness (Cover letter preparation, resume preparation, interview practice, networking skills), and field experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and practices
- Knowledge of Skills for Success, Employment skills, Workplace Safety
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient with Google suite
- Bachelor of Education or equivalent (Credentials received outside of Canada must be assessed by IQAS)
- Valid Alberta Teaching Certificate or Interim Professional Certification (IPC)
- TESL Certificate recognized by TESL Canada
- Minimum 1 years ESL teaching experience
- Early childhood education or experience working in the childcare industry an asset
Applicants must reside in the Edmonton area. Please submit a cover letter with your resume.
Open until suitable candidate found
Job Type: Contract
Contract length: 6-10 months months
Salary: $35.00-$37.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T5J 0B3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2024-03-04