CLB LINC Instructor
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia
Compensation: Hourly $30 - $50
Start Date: Feb. 15, 2020
Closing Date: Feb. 15, 2020
Join our award winning team!
We are currently recruiting for: CLB LINC INSTRUCTOR
Provide English as a Second Language instruction to eligible adult immigrants registered in our Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) program; instruction will be based on the national language framework Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) utilizing Portfolio Based Language Instruction (PBLA); the successful individual will help learners develop the linguistic and cultural competences necessary for basic social interactions, locating housing, meeting basic needs, acquisition of Canadian citizenship, and eventually locating employment opportunities in the Canadian labor market or to pursue education. Instructors will use a communicative, student-centered task-based approach in the classroom.
YOU MUST HAVE:
• TESL Certification Level 1 or equivalent
• Undergraduate degree in a related discipline (i.e. English as an Additional Language, English, Bachelor of Education, Adult Education, or Applied Linguistics)
• The ideal candidate would have a Minimum of two to four years’ experience in ESL instruction for adult learners within a settlement setting.
• Must have instructional experience and training in the area of adult ESL; working knowledge of the Canadian Language Benchmarks and PBLA a necessary and strong asset.
• Experience and knowledge of language instruction in the settlement sector an asset.
A full job description can be found on our website at: https://www.cvims.org/careers/
NOTE: All applicants must complete and submit the checklist found on the job ad on our website.
Submit resumes to:
Gerald Halabura, Head Language Instructor
Central Vancouver Island Multicultural Society
101 – 319 Selby Street, Nanaimo BC V9R 2R4
Fax: (250) 753-4250
Immediate – until suitable applicant found
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
No phone calls please.