Compensation: Hourly $50 - $70
NorQuest College is a leader in diversity and inclusion program development, training and strategy development. The Colbourne Institute for Inclusive Leadership (CIIL) is currently developing a set of integrated skills modules/units for Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) 3-6 learners. This curriculum development project runs until January 2020.
We are inviting Expressions of Interest for individuals/teams who are interested in contributing to the project.
- Develop LINC/ESL classroom material related to aspects of diversity and inclusion and/or intersectionality (e.g., LGBTQ2S+, Indigenous ways of being and knowing, Anti-Racism, Disability, Mental Health, Gender equity/equality, etc.)
- Develop training materials for instructors
- Review existing online resources for teaching about diversity and inclusion for CLB 3-6 level learners.
Experience teaching newcomers or developing curriculum for CLB 3-6 is preferred but not required.
- Collaborate with project team to develop lesson plans for CLB 3-4 and CLB 5-6
- Develop training materials and curriculum guides for instructors
- Pilot materials in summer 2019 in ESL programs
- Experience with materials development or have taken a course on curriculum/materials development
- Experience teaching CLB 3-6 or have knowledge of the CLB framework through course study
- Experience training instructors an asset
- A passion for diversity and inclusion as a topic area
- Some knowledge of newcomer settlement and workplace integration challenges an asset
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong curriculum knowledge and a proven ability to multi task
- Strong relationship-building skills to work cooperatively with other stakeholders
- Can work independently while being a part of a project team
- Must have excellent editing skills, attention to detail, be able to take initiative and adhere to deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2010 and/or Google apps required
SALARY: This is fee for service contract. Specific deliverables will be established in conjunction with the developers based on areas of expertise.
CLOSING DATE: Open until all positions are filled, candidates will be reviewed and possibly interviewed, as they apply. PLEASE APPLY EARLY!
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please continue with this online process by sending your resume and cover letter combined as one document to:Erin.Waugh@norquest.ca
NOTE: Notification of receipt will be sent to all applicants.
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As the Edmonton region’s community college, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse, and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies, and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural, and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and a commitment to a positive work/life balance. This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.