Location: Calgary or Edmonton
Compensation: Hourly $15 - $30
Start Date: Aug. 25, 2017
We are looking for a Development Coordinator to effectively carry forward the objectives of the Association. The position will be based either in Calgary or Edmonton.
You will work with the Council to help the association attain its short and medium-term goals and establish a framework for professional development (PD).
- Implement the strategic plan of the Association
- Achieve greater recognition of ATIA as the regulatory body of the profession in Alberta
- Participate in a given number of events per year
- Raise awareness of ATIA with government officials/departments
- Develop joint programs with other provincial organizations
- Represent the Association through public presentations
- Establish well-defined communication processes between members and ATIA Council
- Define PD requirements, provide PD opportunities for ATIA members, and monitor PD requirements for renewal of membership
- Keep updated records and create proposals as well as monthly and annual reports
- Any other responsibilities assigned by ATIA Council from time to time
- University degree in a field relevant to the position
- Proactive person with proven experience as coordinator or in another relevant position
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping, and reporting
- Detail-oriented and efficient with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent public speaker with strong interpersonal skills
- Fast learner who is willing to learn about ATIA and the translation and interpretation professions
- Tech savvy and proficient in MS Office
- Willing to travel and available evenings and weekends
- At least three years working in a professional organization or similar
- Knowledge of the translation and interpretation professions
- Marketing and administration experience in the language industry
- Knowledge of project management would be an asset
Please send your CV and cover letter on or by August 25, 2017.
We thank you for your application.
However, we are only able to reply to shortlisted applicants.