Digital Learning Facilitator
Compensation: Hourly $30 - $50
Start Date: Dec. 1, 2023
Closing Date: Nov. 16, 2023
PRIMARY FOCUS/OVERALL ACCOUNTABILITY:
Provide training, guidance, troubleshooting and support to both instructors and students in online, blended and F2F programs.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
1. Adhere to all ESD LINC policies and procedures;
2. Practice cultural awareness, sensitivity and respect in the workplace;
3. Adhere to Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) with respect to students’ personal information
4. Work in collaboration with Site Coordinators and Academic Director and at the direction of the Program Manager
1. Meet with full time and part time students, one on one and/or in groups, throughout the session based on teachers’ suggestions and students’ needs;
2. Assist students to set up Teams app and/or WhatsApp to their personal devices and orient them to Avenue.ca, MS Teams, and/or WhatsApp;
3. Assist students in logging into their school emails, managing their emails, and changing their passwords when needed;
4. Work with instructors to support students in troubleshooting technical issues with school/home Wi-Fi, connectivity, equipment, and different learning technologies, including the use of school and personal devices;
5. Oversee maintenance, inventory, and distribution of school Chromebook/laptop lending library;
6. Travel between locations when required and flex schedule as per the needs of the program.
1. Provide training to Instructors (large and small groups) on a variety of digital literacy topics, including Language Management Systems;
2. Meet one on with instructors to provide digital instruction support as needed;
3. Support instructors to develop course content for their level within Avenue.ca, MS Teams, WhatsApp, and employ digital literacy in congruence with copyright laws, the CLBs, TBLT and PBLA;
4. Help instructors troubleshoot technical issues with school Wi-Fi connectivity, equipment, and different learning technologies (Avenue.ca, MS Teams and WhatsApp, etc.);
5. Communicate regularly with Site Coordinators the LINC Academic Director and Program Manager to provide updates regarding the progress/needs/concerns of digital literacy instruction in the classrooms;
6. Attend staff and other internal meetings as required to communicate updates and collect feedback.
7. Keep current with developments in the field of digital literacy and ESL through Avenue.ca, Tutela, and Microsoft 365 among others;
8. Other duties as required by Site Coordinators, Academic Director and Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Alberta teaching certificate is preferred;
Related bachelor’s degree and,
- 1-2 years of relevant ESL/EAL teaching experience with LINC learners, or
o TESL Canada certification or Completion of the ACE TESOL Certificate or ACE Certificate in Online Language Teaching
o Any other Language Teaching and Technology courses;
- Completion of Stage 2 of Avenue.ca training, incorporating use of the courseware with LINC students;
- Experience in teaching a variety of CLB and/or Literacy levels;
- Passionate about digital literacy and has successful online teaching experience;
- Strong computer skills and knowledge incorporating digital literacy into the ESL classroom, including blended, online learning and Microsoft 365 products;
- Ability to work independently with solid time management and organizational skills;
- Be flexible and demonstrate skills in collegiality;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Please respond no later than Thursday, November 16, 2023 with cover letter and resume.
This is an internal and external job posting; preference will be given to current ECSD LINC employees
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
This job vacancy may be used to fill future positions for the next 3 months.