ESL CONSULTANT, REGION EAST-WEST (FULL-TIME SALARIED POSITION)
Location: East-West Region (Jasper-Cold Lake)
Compensation: Commensurate with skills
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As the Edmonton region’s community college serving 8,500 students annually, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program and a commitment to a positive work/life balance. This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.
NorQuest College seeks an experienced Rural Routes Regional Consultant for the East-West Region (Jasper-Cold Lake). As an ESL consultant you will provide high-quality consulting support to adult ESL providers/programs found in rural and small urban communities of Alberta’s northern region. Your expertise in TESL will inform your development of new workshops and training materials. You will use your experience and consulting skills to enhance the delivery of ESL programs. Through communication and great client service you will mentor service providers to achieve standards.
Our aim is to ensure that these services are aligned with Canada Language Benchmarks (CLBs), ATESL’s Best Practices and guidelines for ESL programming.
To learn more about NorQuest’s involvement in the Northern Alberta region please visit our website for our regional map at www.norquest.ca/ruralroutes
- Provide mentorship and professional development services to rural and small urban ESL providers and programs
- Provide online workshops (webinars) and mentorship services to targeted group
- Build relationships with community ESL programs related to the project deliverables
- Support the capacity of ESL providers to offer English language programming and services
- Develop, revise and deliver presentations, workshops and supports to ESL providers and programs
- Regular tracking, reporting, and status updates
- Attending regular team meetings, and target group’s regional meetings
- Contribute to the Rural Routes Initiative resource database
- Contribute to the Rural Routes online community
- Communications with your region
- Masters in TESL preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Preference will be given to candidate with familiarity of rural ESL program delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse individuals and organizations
- Create and deliver effective professional development workshops
- Familiar with the use of E-mail, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a PC
- Knowledge of Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) and ATESL revised Best Practices document
SALARY: commensurate with education and experience.
Note: You must have your own vehicle and be willing to drive long distances to Rural Routes communities within the east-west region (Jasper – Cold Lake). Communication and support of clients will occur by phone, computer and in-person.
COMPETITION NUMBER: RR-KB2A
CLOSING DATE: Until suitable candidate is found
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter in one document to https://www.norquest.ca/careers.aspx
NOTE: Notification of receipt will only be made to on-line applicants. Candidates selected for interview will be contacted within 28 days.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org