ESL Contract Instructor
Compensation: Commensurate with skills
Start Date: Sept. 4, 2018
NAIT’s Department of Continuing Education is seeking Contract Instructors to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) courses.
These contracts will provide instruction to ESL students in upcoming ESL classes starting in September 2018.
Experience instructing ESL to adult language learners at a variety of skill levels and the ability to engage students in interesting and innovative lessons is required.
Contractor Instructors must be culturally sensitive and experienced in working with second language learners, and be flexible, resourceful, innovative and passionate about teaching adults of all ages and backgrounds.
Contract Administration Responsibilities:
You will be required to invoice NAIT for your services, including GST, submit for statutory remittances and obtain relevant insurance including WCB coverage.
The term of these contracts will vary between the months of September to December 2018.
Contract Instruction Deliverables:
- Provide classroom instruction using an outcomes-based educational approach in the following key areas: Grammar & Writing, Reading & Vocabulary, Listening & Speaking
- Design/develop appropriate classroom lessons and activities
- Utilize appropriate educational technology for communications and presentations
- Maintain professional ethical relationships with students and colleagues; respond professionally to student issues and concerns
- Maintain student attendance and other documentation as required
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree and TESL qualifications mandatory - related Master's Degree would be an asset. Credentials obtained outside of Canada must be evaluated by World Education Services or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) - http://work.alberta.ca/immigration/international-qualifications-assessmentservice.html
- Previous experience teaching adult ESL students
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of adult second language learning
- Excellent classroom management and instructional skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
For consideration, please submit your application of interest quoting the above contract number, a cover letter and CV to: DCICEcontract@nait.ca
For those individuals who have held previous contracts with NAIT, please ensure that you resubmit your expression of interest through this process for further consideration.
Apply to: DCICEcontract@nait.ca