ESL Instructor – part time
Location: Downtown Edmonton
Compensation: Hourly $15 - $30
Start Date: July 2, 2019
Closing Date: June 20, 2019
CCI-LEX requires a part-time ESL instructor for our adult English language program in downtown Edmonton.
We are currently looking for a morning instructor for an integrated skills, Advanced level course, in our General ESL program for adult learners (CLB 6-7).
Classes run Monday to Friday, 9am-12pm, 17-week terms.
- Develop, select and prepare instructional materials that will support and enhance students' abilities in all four skills, following a general curriculum framework and course textbook
- Present a variety of instructional methods and strategies, appropriate to adult learners and their level of English
- Assess the needs, objectives and progress of students and provide appropriate feedback regarding their strengths, opportunities and overall progress as needed
- Promote cooperation, tolerance and active participation in class
- Maintain appropriate records of class materials, lesson plans, students’ attendance, etc.
- Work as a member of a team of teachers and maintain clear communication with administrative team
- TESL Canada Professional Standard Level One Certification or eligibility for certification
- Recognized post-secondary education (Bachelor's Degree or higher) in Education, Linguistics or a related field
- Minimum 1 year experience teaching ESL/EAL to adult learners
- Security clearance and references are required
Please email cover letter and resume to: CCI Program Coordinator, Silvia Harwood at firstname.lastname@example.org, by June 20, 2109 at 5:00pm.
We thank all applicants for applying, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note, as a not-for-profit organization, our starting wage for all new instructors is $22/hour.
However, we do offer the most amazing, supportive, and fun work environment in Edmonton!