ESL INSTRUCTORS & CURRICULUM DEVELOPERS
Compensation: Commensurate with skills
Are you goal-oriented, organized and passionate about teaching English language learners? Do you enjoy working in a busy environment and communicating with students and peers? Are you a supportive and reliable team player with a respectful positive attitude? If so, consider being an ESL instructor. We can offer full-time and part-time (term and casual) positions as well as the opportunity to be on our continuing education (contract) list.
NorQuest College is a leader in English language training. We have developed the curriculum, resources, and skills to provide top-quality ESL instruction. Our talented and highly qualified instructors bring a wide range of expertise to the classroom. We offer a variety of excellent English programs and courses to meet our students’ diverse needs. Canadian Language Benchmarks are an integral part of our programs.
More than 500 students study English as a second language (ESL) at NorQuest College, making this the largest ESL school in Edmonton. Our students represent nationalities and cultures from every part of the world. You will help ESL learners get the language competencies they need to transition into employment or further education.
- Provide language instruction with a curriculum based on the Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Teach ESL using a variety of methods including demonstrations, discussions, brainstorming sessions, lectures, seminars, case studies, field trips, independent or group projects
- Design/develop appropriate classroom activities/resources using authentic materials, resources, and technology
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments; and adapting your teaching style to meet the needs of students
- Maintain attendance records and other documentation as required
- TESL qualifications, a university degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in language teaching; master’s degree preferred
- Experience developing ESL / EAL curriculum
- Excellent classroom management and teaching skills
- Experience and/or understanding of Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Experience in delivering program components to students with various challenges from a variety of cultures and backgrounds
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please continue with this online process by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document
NOTE: Notification of receipt will be sent only to online applicants.
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As the Edmonton region’s community college, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse, and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies, and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural, and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and a commitment to a positive work/life balance. This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.
Use the link below to proceed with application: