Location: Red Deer
Compensation: Salary $50 - $75,000
Closing Date: Feb. 7, 2024
Are you a strong leader and passionate about providing strong support for newcomers to Canada? Do you have experience managing a team of ESL professionals?
That means we have an exciting opportunity for you, as Manager of the Care for Newcomers – ESL Program!
We’re looking for an individual with demonstrated leadership skills, the ability to mentor and motivate the ESL team to achieve set targets, and with an interest in exploring new opportunities.
A little about what you bring to Care for Newcomers:
- Experience and/or education in teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL Certificate); Bachelor or University degree in a related field preferred, equivalencies will be considered.
- Good leadership skills and supervisory experience, and demonstrated ability to work independently and as member of organization leadership team.
- Strong focus on client and community service with orientation towards innovation and collaboration
A little about what you’ll do:
- Provide operational and people leadership and mentorship to the Assistant Manager English Language Instruction and other staff in the English Language Instruction team, with support of lead staff members in each of the program areas.
- Work with HR Manager to recruit new staff and coordinate training for all staff in the program areas.
- In collaboration with the Financial Controller manage the program area expenditures in accordance with the budgets established by the Agency.
- Assist with funding proposals.
- As member of the Senior Management Team, participate in the direction setting and decision making for the overall strategic planning of the Agency.
- Share the responsibilities of the Agency Leadership in representing the Agency at community events and functions.
- Ensure the program areas adequately record client interactions and comply with the reporting requirements of the funders.
A little about what we offer:
At Care for Newcomers, we offer an exceptional workplace culture based on respect, inclusion, transparency, collaboration, encouragement and innovation.
We believe great employees deserve great benefits like:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- An inclusive and diverse work environment
- Plus, lots of opportunities to learn and grow!
We're seeking applicants from all backgrounds to create an equitable, diverse and inclusive work culture that closely matches the diversity of our client base and our vision to create an inclusive Central Alberta for all newcomers.