Evening LINC CLB 5 - 8 Facilitator
Compensation: Commensurate with skills
Start Date: April 17, 2023
Closing Date: March 17, 2023
Columbia College is currently looking for qualified and experienced LINC facilitators to join its evening LINC program teaching CLB 5 - 8 classes.
The evening LINC classes are offered online and the facilitator is responsible for preparing engaging online lessons, creating effective virtual learning environment, and providing English language training to adult newcomers to Canada according to the mandates of the LINC program.
Additional responsibilities include assessing the needs and goals of the learners, providing continuous formative and summative evaluation, and feedback to learners, and maintaining a portfolio record of the learners’ progress based on the CLB standards and PBLA guidelines.
Other expected competencies include:
- Knowledge and experience of using Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Ability to work independently with solid time management and organizational skills
- Success in working with adults of diverse cultural backgrounds and strong work ethic
- Strong pedagogical skills and ability to plan and deliver level appropriate language learning activities based on the Task-based Language Teaching (TBLT) principles
- Strong desire to learn and grow, and being open to change
- Experience of providing synchronous and asynchronous online instruction using virtual Learning Management Systems/Tools (e.g. MS-Teams, Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.)
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, supplemented by certificates and diplomas in adult education/ESL. Applicants need to have at least 2 years of experience in teaching ESL to adults.
Qualified candidates who wish to apply are invited to send their resume to Mehdi Soleimani, Evening Pre-career Programs Supervisor at Columbia College. (see email address below)
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.