Evening LINC Facilitator: Online
Compensation: Commensurate with skills
Start Date: Jan. 15, 2024
Closing Date: Jan. 5, 2024
Columbia College is currently looking for a qualified and experienced LINC facilitator to join its evening/weekend LINC program. The role entails teaching higher-level online LINC classes in the evenings.
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing engaging online lessons, creating effective virtual learning environment for learners, and providing English language training to adult newcomers to Canada based on the mandates of the LINC program.
Additional responsibilities include assessing the learners’ needs and goals, offering continuous evaluations, providing the learners with constructive feedback about their learning, and maintaining a portfolio-based record of the learners’ progress based on the CLB standards and PBLA guidelines.
Other expected competencies and skills for this position include:
- Previous experience in teaching higher-level LINC classes,
- Excellent knowledge and experience of using Canadian Language Benchmarks,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work independently with strong time management and organizational skills,
- Previous experience of working with adults from diverse cultural backgrounds,
- Strong pedagogical skills and the ability to plan and deliver level-appropriate language learning activities based on the Task-based Language Teaching (TBLT) principles,
- Strong desire to learn and grow, with strong work ethics,
- Experience in providing synchronous and asynchronous online instruction using virtual learning platforms, or management systems (e.g., MS-Teams, Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.).
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, supplemented by certificates and diplomas in adult education and/or ESL instruction. Additionally, a minimum of 2 years of experience in teaching LINC to adults is required.
Qualified candidates who wish to apply for the position are invited to send their resume and cover letter to Mehdi Soleimani, Evening Pre-career Programs Supervisor at Columbia College.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview