IELTS OSM (On Screen Marking) Writing Examiner
Location: Canada - work from home
Compensation: Commensurate with skills
Closing Date: Nov. 20, 2023
Are you an ESL Professional?
Would you like additional work opportunities?
Would you enjoy the flexibility of working from home?
IDP is currently recruiting for IELTS Writing Examiners. Below is more information about the role and how to apply.
Hours: 4-8 hrs per day; minimum 3 weekend days per month; additional marking on weekdays. Priority given to applicants available for work between Saturdays-Tuesdays, but other cadence of work will be considered.
Ability to choose your hours between 5am – 11pm local time
Ability to schedule your own daily breaks
Flexibility around choosing weeks of work
Opportunities for Professional Development
Mark IELTS Academic and General Training Writing Task 1 and Task 2
Mark Writing tests to standard
Maintain IELTS Writing certification
Attend training events online and/or face to face as required
Engage with performance management system and Supervisor
Qualifications and Experience
- an undergraduate degree or qualification(s) that can be demonstrated to be equivalent to an undergraduate degree;
- a TEFL/TESOL qualification from a recognised institution
- 3+ years of relevant ESOL teaching experience, the majority which must relate to adult students (16 years and over)
The applicant must:
- Understand, respect and comply with IELTS quality and compliance, security and confidentiality requirements
- Demonstrate organisational skills and ability to maintain focus under pressure
- Possess sound time management skills to complete tasks on time
- Be able to recognise problems / issues in the marking period and bring them to the manager’s attention
- Be able to work independently remotely and with integrity
- Be able to receive and act on feedback
- Have intermediate computer literacy
To receive an application pack, email WritingEx@idp.com.
To be considered for the upcoming recruitment round, fully completed applications must be received by November 20th. Expressions of interest for future rounds are also welcome.