Location: Lethbridge and/or Brooks
Compensation: Hourly $15 - $30
Closing Date: March 1, 2021
Immigrant Services Calgary’s Language Assessment & Referral Centre (CLARC) is seeking two (2) part-time Invigilators to provide proctoring services during in-person and remote (online) Canadian Language Benchmarks-based language assessment for clients residing in Lethbridge, Brooks and the surrounding areas. Each Invigilator position would work 15 hours per month. Office locations to be determined in early 2021.
The role of the Invigilator for language assessment is to monitor administration of in-person and remote language assessments in order to ensure that all testing and confidentiality guidelines are followed and that test takers are provided with testing environment that would enable them to perform to the best of their abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that appropriate testing materials and/or equipment are available and set up prior to assessment session.
- Assist with client intake and provide basic computer instructions and technology support to clients.
- Provide standardized testing instructions and closely follow and enforce testing procedures and regulations.
- Deal with queries raised by clients in accordance with the language assessment procedures.
- Assist language assessors with the general task work necessary to the efficient delivery of the language assessment services.
- Interact with clients demonstrating tact, diplomacy, respect and neutrality
- General office functions including micro computer applications, typing, filing, photocopying, faxing, record keeping etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the CLARC Manager
- Certificate/Diploma in Office Administration/Clerical
- General understanding of second language acquisition and test-taking techniques
- Familiarity with the Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Excellent time management, multitasking and problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment,
- Ability to work alone and as a part of a team
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible shift schedule including some evenings and weekends
- Multicultural awareness and sensitivity
- Valid driver’s license
Please use the following link to apply for this posting: