Language Assessor - Temporary Full -Time
Compensation: Hourly $15 - $30
Closing Date: March 1, 2021
Immigrant Services Calgary is looking for a full-time (37.5 hours per week), Language Assessor (temporary position) to administer in-person and remote (online) Canadian Language Benchmarks-based language assessment tools to clients and refer them to language training options that meet their needs and preferences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the language assessment and referral services model and ensure maintenance of operating standards and protocols at main location and off-site locations.
- Administer CLB standardized tests (in-person and online) to assess the language skills of eligible clients
- Provide thorough needs assessments of clients applying for language programs
- Ensure clients are advised on all appropriate language training options that meet their needs, goals, and preferences
- Provide referrals of clients to appropriate programs through established protocols
- Enter required data into centralized data base and ensure accuracy of data input according to funders’ requirement
- Maintain client records according to approved office procedures.
- Participate, where possible, and represent CLARC in the events and activities of relevant professional associations such as ATESL and others
- Assist with the general task work necessary to the smooth functioning of the Centre, including assisting other staff in their duties when required
- Post-secondary degree in linguistics, modern languages or English or completion of TESL training program from a college or university; minimum of 100 hours and practicum
- Alberta Teaching Certificate required
- Successful experience in teaching ESL/LINC to adults for at least 300 hours (in Canada)
- Valid CLBPT/CLBA certification an asset
- Demonstrated assessment/interviewing experience in the Adult Education field
- Proficiency with online videoconferencing technology
- Willing to work flexible shifts, including some evenings and weekends
- Able to work remotely (online) when required
Conditional offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of CLBPT training and certification (to be arranged for successful candidates).
Please use the following link to apply for this posting: