LINC Coordinator-( Part Time)
Compensation: Hourly $15 - $30
Why should you join our team?
YMCA Calgary is actively building healthy communities - join us in creating a better Calgary.
YMCA Calgary opened its doors in 1902, since then we have evolved into a vibrant charitable organization that responds to the needs and health of the community.
Guided by four core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility, YMCA Calgary develop and delivers quality programs and services that promote the health of the community and provides opportunities for all Calgarians to belong, grow, thrive and lead. Our team of staff and volunteers are committed to creating a positive impact in the community through our health and wellness programs, child care and early education programs, community outreach programs (such as Indigenous, youth at risk, and cultural integration programs), leadership programs, camp experiences, and much more.
YMCA Calgary serves the community at our eight health and wellness locations, seven child care centres, two outdoor camp locations, and 60 community outreach locations. Join us in building healthy communities!
We are currently seeking to fill the following position;
LINC Coordinator - Part Time (Evening)
Community YMCA: Various YMCA Calgary Facilities
Salary:$21.00/ -$25.00/ per hour
Start Date: This job posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
End Date: March 31st, 2020
*This is a contract position.
*The successful candidate will coordinate LINC Evening Instructors and TAs
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
*Availability or length of term notes:Contracts renewed on a yearly basis (March 31)
You can make an impact in the community - locally and across the globe. You will work with a fun culture of people and enjoy many the benefits and opportunities the YMCA offers:
· Complimentary YMCA Calgary membership including a linked membership for
· Program discounts;
· Ongoing leadership development and opportunities;
· Leadership award opportunities;
· Scholarship opportunities;
· Paid recertification and training.
What qualifications are we looking for?
At YMCA Calgary we strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals.
The successful candidate will have the following;
· Completed Bachelor of Arts degree in Education, Social Sciences or
· TESL/TESOL/ESL Certificate from a recognized institution in hand
· Office administration & some supervisory experience is an asset
· LINC/PBLA teaching experience is an asset
· Understanding of Canadian Language Benchmarks and PBLA
· Reliable transportation, as travel between sites is required
· Awareness of and empathy for issues facing new Canadians
· Superior communication and leadership skills
· Skilled at working independently and within a team environment
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
· Current Standard First Aid (valid within three years of the certification date)
and CPR C (valid within one year of the certification date) certifications
· Evidence of a clear Police Information Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
· Three professional references
What does this role look like at YMCA Calgary?
The LINC Evening Coordinator is part of the Community YMCA team, although he or she works out of other branches. This role is responsible for coordinating the evening LINC classes at primarily two YMCA locations: Saddletowne YMCA and Shane Homes YMCA at Rocky Ridge, coordinating a team of North LINC Evening Instructors and Teaching Assistants. The LINC Evening Coordinator reports to the North LINC Supervisor and works 16-18 hours per week: Monday through Thursday (occasional Fridays) to provide support for evening instructors, current clients and incoming clients as well as attend required team meetings.
The LINC Evening Coordinator will:
· Provide administrative support to a team of Evening Instructors, teaching
· Schedule guest speakers/workshops, book field trips and arrange
transportation for evening classes
· Hold LINC orientation/registration sessions to introduce new clients to the
YMCA LINC program
· Complete client registration paperwork and maintain client files
· Ensure the safety and well-being of participants, staff and volunteers at all
· Administrative duties including program attendance, impact stories and
reporting to funder
· Provide coverage to classes in case of instructor illness/emergency
· Stay up to date with PBLA implementation and communicate with the Lead
Teacher to ensure alignment with national PBLA guidelines
· Report to the North LINC Supervisor
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary Staff and Volunteers?
Our employees embody the YMCA values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility. In addition, they model and are committed to the following competencies;
· Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present
and future capacity.
· Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their
best in mind.
· Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
· Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
· Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in
service to the vision.
· Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and
stewarding the YMCA Business Model.
· Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to
Please note that evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search is a requirement
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Canadian work permit. YMCA Calgary is currently not engaged in international recruitment efforts as we are required to demonstrate that we have exhausted all means of recruitment both locally and nationally.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.