LINC - ESL EVENING INSTRUCTOR
Location: Red Deer
Compensation: Hourly $30 - $50
Closing Date: Feb. 13, 2023
PART-TIME FEBRUARY 13 TO JUNE 30, 2023, EXTENDABLE
Are you passionate about teaching English to newcomers?
Do you have experience and/or training in teaching English as a Second Language to newcomers?
Have you developed lesson plans adhering to the CCLB’s portfolio-based language assessment
That is what Care for Newcomers is all about, and we just happen to have an exciting opportunity for
We’re looking for an energetic, responsible individual with excellent interpersonal skills to become
our LINC ESL Evening Instructor to provide English instruction to students in the LINC ESL program at
Care for Newcomers.
A little about what you bring to Care for Newcomers:
• A passion and focus on teaching English as a second language to newcomers
• B.Ed. or bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Eligible for TESL Canada Standard 1
• Experience and/or training in teaching English as a Second or Additional Language
• Awareness of philosophy and methods of adult education
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the challenges faced by newcomers to
• In person availability, Monday to Thursday from 5:30pm-8:30pm.
• Organizational skills with the ability to work independently and with other colleagues
A little about what you’ll do:
• Provide daily ESL instruction to newcomers, that increases their capabilities and
understanding of Canadian culture and the local community
• In conjunction with the ESL Manager and Lead Teacher develop module and lesson plans that
meet student needs and adhere to the CCLB’s portfolio-based language assessment
• Assess and monitor the progress of each student throughout the semester with reference to
the Canadian language benchmarks
• Keeps accurate records for reporting
• Contribute to the overall quality of Care for newcomers ESL program by attending team
meetings, training sessions and other relevant team or agency cooperative efforts
A little about what we offer:
At Care for Newcomers, we believe great employees deserve great benefits like:
• A competitive salary and benefits package
• An inclusive and diverse work environment
• Plus, lots of opportunities to learn and grow!
Want to get to know us a little better? Come check us out at https://www.carefornewcomers.ca/