LINC Program Supervisor
Compensation: Commensurate with skills
Start Date: Jan. 3, 2022
Closing Date: Nov. 30, 2021
LINC Supervisor will provide leadership, coordination, supervision, support and assistance in the management of the LINC daytime program. This individual will be directly engaged in student enrollment and delivery of the LINC program while following all organizational policies, procedures, and regulations at Columbia College.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and oversee the effective delivery of the LINC Program and courses; provide leadership in this area.
- Maintain strong working relationships with program facilitators and understand how to support their facilitation needs
- Prepare teaching materials and course outlines with the assistance of LTs and other facilitators
- Research current trends and information regarding LINC programming and courses, maintaining continual current knowledge in this field
- Provide assistance and direct involvement in building the LINC Program and courses that utilize technology. This would include hybrid classrooms and online courses.
- Assist with developing and implementing an annual plan for the LINC Program, and regularly report to the department manager.
- With the help of LTs provide professional development training to faculty with respect to best practices to support student success and retention in the LINC program.
- Supervise and review Canadian Language Benchmark assessments and PBLA processes and the assignment of students' exit benchmarks.
- Review and approve student Progress Reports; review, recommend and approve student movement between levels.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data on the LINC program, provide an analysis of such data, make recommendations based on data and other factors, and provide reports on progress in reaching outcomes.
- Under the direction and guidance of the Department Manager, provide supervision of faculty and staff and evaluate performance/conduct class observations.
- Liaise with active students on day-to-day issues as they arrive.
- Participate in the writing of proposals for new LINC Programs and courses.
Minimum 3 years of experience teaching LINC and demonstrated supervisory experience is required.