LINC RDP FACILITATOR
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Compensation: Hourly $15 - $30
End Date: May 30, 2018
FACULTY OF FOUNDATIONAL, CAREERS AND INTERCULTURAL STUDIES
Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada - Rural Delivery Program
Do you take pride and initiative in work to ensure delivery of a high standard program? Are you goal-oriented and highly organized; able to manage time to work on multiple projects simultaneously? Do you enjoy working in a busy environment and communicating with students? If so consider this position.
For nearly 30 years, NorQuest College has been a leader in English language training. We have developed the curriculum, resources and skills to provide top-quality ESL instruction. Our talented and highly qualified instructors bring a wide range of expertise to the classroom.
Over 1200 students study English as a second language (ESL) at NorQuest College, making this one of the largest LINC/ESL schools in Alberta. Our students represent nationalities and cultures from every part of the world. We offer a variety of excellent English programs and courses to meet our students’ diverse needs. The Canadian Language Benchmark framework is an integral part of our programs.
At this time we are looking for a part time evening and/or week end facilitator to teach a LINC class in Lloydminster, AB.
- Provide language instruction that will assist newcomers in transitioning to life in Canada
- Teach about Canadian culture, protocols, etiquette, and appropriate behaviours and expectations associated with living in Canada
- Teach using a variety of methods including demonstrations, discussions, brainstorming sessions, lectures, seminars, case studies, field trips, independent or group projects
- Design/develop appropriate classroom activities/resources using authentic materials, resources, and technology
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments; adjust teaching methods, material and pace of program, as needed, in order to meet the needs of students
- Maintain attendance records and other documentation as required
- Commit to the process of continual self-study and professional development through attendance at workshops, conferences, professional development activities, etc.
- Attend staff, department, committee meetings as required
•Post-secondary education/degree with some TESL training
- Diploma in TESL, Masters in TESL or B.Ed with ESL minor preferred
SALARY: $30/hour for three 14 week terms per year. Classes are three hours an evening--Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Additionally, 1.5 hours per class is paid for class preparation and administrative work. Further, one hour of PD is offered and compensated for per week.
COMPETITION NUMBER: LINC-RDP-0418-DS
CLOSING DATE: May 30, 2018
TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to apply, please apply at www.norquest.ca by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document
NOTE: Notification of receipt will be sent only to online applicants.
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted within 28 days.
NorQuest College helps students unlock their potential and realize their dreams. We are Challenge Positive and embrace every situation as an opportunity. As the Edmonton region’s community college, we play an integral role in Alberta’s education system. NorQuest College offers a vibrant, inclusive, diverse, and student-centred learning environment that transforms lives and strengthens communities. We are nationally recognized leaders in health, community studies, and business post-secondary career programs, as well as foundational, intercultural, and language training. We are proud to offer our employees meaningful work, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and a commitment to a positive work/life balance. This is an exciting time to be a part of NorQuest College. Take a step forward with us. Together, we can help build and sustain a strong province for future generations.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org