Compensation: Hourly $15 - $30
Closing Date: Sept. 25, 2022
Strathmore & Area Adult Inclusive Literacy provides confidential one on one and small group tutoring for adults in Wheatland County who would like to improve their literacy skills and English language skills.
Your primary responsibility will be to facilitate ELL program(s) according to our grant goals and guidelines.
This is a short-term contract with potential for renewal.
Areas of Authority
The Literacy/ELL Practitioner supports CALP funded programming in facilitating learning opportunities based on community needs and priorities. Under the direction of the Executive Director and Literacy Services Coordinator, the Literacy/ELL Practitioner has the authority to direct the approved programs and services.
Areas of Responsibility
- Learner Assessment & Evaluation
- Learner Support Services
- Program Delivery & Reporting
Required Experience/ Skills
- Knowledge and application of Canadian Language Benchmarks
- Have a passion for and understanding of lifelong learning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that demonstrate the values of learning, respect, integrity, and collaboration
- 2 years experience (in-person delivery) working with adult barriered learners and/or English as a Second Language teaching. and TESL, (A)TESOL, TEFL, or TEAL certification preferred
(a combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.)