Language Assessor-Lethbridge and/or Brooks
Location: Lethbridge and/or Brooks
Compensation: Hourly $15 - $30
Closing Date: March 1, 2021
Immigrant Services Calgary’s Language Assessment & Referral Centre (CLARC) is looking for two (2) part-time Language Assessors to provide in-person and remote (online) Canadian Language Benchmarks-based language assessment for clients residing in Lethbridge and/or Brooks and the surrounding area. Each Assessor position would work 30 hours per month. Office locations to be determined in early 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the language assessment and referral services model and ensure maintenance of operating standards and protocols at the assigned assessment locations in Lethbridge and/or Brooks.
- Administer CLB standardized tests (in-person and online) to assess the language skills of eligible clients
- Provide thorough needs assessments of clients applying for language programs
- Ensure clients are advised on all appropriate language training options that meet their needs, goals, and preferences
- Provide referrals of clients to appropriate programs through established protocols
- Enter required data into centralized data base and ensure accuracy of data input according to funders’ requirement
- Maintain client records according to approved office procedures.
- Participate, where possible, and represent the Calgary Language Assessment & Referral Centre in the events and activities of relevant professional associations such as ATESL and others
- Assist with the general task work necessary to the smooth functioning of the Centre
- Post-secondary degree in linguistics, modern languages or English or completion of TESL training program from a college or university; minimum of 100 hours and practicum
- Successful experience in teaching ESL/LINC to adults for at least 300 hours (in Canada)
- Valid CLBPT/CLBA certification an asset
- Demonstrated assessment/interviewing experience in the Adult Education field
- Proficiency with online videoconferencing technology
- Ability to work flexible shift schedule including some evenings and weekends
- Able to work remotely (online) when required
- Valid driver’s license
Conditional offer of employment contingent upon successful completion of CLBPT training and certification (to be arranged for successful candidates).
Please apply to the posting via the following link: