Newcomer Manager- YMCA Calgary
Compensation: Salary $25 - $50,000
Start Date: April 5, 2021
Closing Date: March 23, 2021
Why should you join our team?
YMCA Calgary is actively building healthy communities - join us in creating a better Calgary.
YMCA Calgary opened its doors in 1902, since then we have evolved into a vibrant charitable organization that responds to the needs and health of the community.
Guided by four core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility, YMCA Calgary develop and delivers quality programs and services that promote the health of the community and provides opportunities for all Calgarians to belong, grow, thrive and lead. Our team of staff and volunteers are committed to creating a positive impact in the community through our health and wellness programs, child care and early education programs, community outreach programs (such as Indigenous, youth at risk, and cultural integration programs), leadership programs, camp experiences, and much more.
YMCA Calgary serves the community at our eight health and wellness locations, seven child care centres, two outdoor camp locations, and 60 community outreach locations. Join us in building healthy communities!
Newcomer Manager - (Full Time)
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: $47,931.00/year to $59,914.00/year
You can make an impact in the community - locally and across the globe. You will work with a fun culture of people and enjoy many of the benefits and opportunities the YMCA offers:
· Complimentary YMCA Calgary membership including a linked membership for dependent children;
· Comprehensive health and dental benefits. Premiums paid in full by the Association;
· Pension plan with specified contribution matching by the Association;
· Anniversary flex day and gifts given to celebrate each year of employment;
· Program discounts;
· Ongoing leadership development and opportunities;
· Leadership award opportunities;
· Scholarship opportunities;
· Paid recertification and training.
What qualifications are we looking for?
At YMCA Calgary we strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals. The successful candidate will have the following;
· 3 years management/supervisory experience in an educational setting;
· 5+ years English language teaching in programs for adults;
· Master’s Degree in relevant teaching/education discipline;
· Proposal writing and research skills;
· Completed TESOL/TESL/TSL credentials with observed teaching component fulfilled;
· Canada TESL Level 3 an asset; PBLA certifications an asset;
· Non-profit and LINC experience an asset;
· Some financial experience an asset;
· Evidence of a clear Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search;
· Three professional references required.
What does this role look like at YMCA Calgary?
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Provide daily oversight, direction and guidance to program staff as mandated by Immigrant, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and relevant agreements;
· Monitor all aspects of program finances including budgets, forecasts, claims and associated reports to YMCA leadership;
· Liaise with IRCC officials through consistent communication regarding funding arrangements, gaps and anticipated challenges as required;
· Quarterly reporting, proposal writing and amendments to IRCC are a regular function of this position;
· Provide consultation on government systems including waitlists and general education policies to program staff as it relates to the overall administration of the Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) program;
· Act as gatekeeper to Portfolio-Based Learning Assessments (PBLA) as outlined in PBLA Emerging Practicing Guidelines and directed through the Canadian Centre For Language Benchmarks (CCLB);
· Lead and participate in staff recruitment, disciplinary actions and observations as required;
· Participate in and engage with community partnerships in order to maintain relationships and collaborate on special projects;
· Maintain an engaged and responsive staff and volunteer team by providing strong leadership and focusing on key annual ILT and Association objectives;
· Actively develop your staff team utilizing a strength-based approach and by engaging in regular conversation about their performance;
· Find opportunities for professional development and growth for all staff including Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Supervisors, Coordinators and Administrative Assistants;
· Expose administrative staff to community partnerships and engagements as they pertain to the sector and overall big picture of LINC, PBLA and government requirements;
· Coach and mentor all staff on work distribution as well as maintain regular lines of communication with an open-door policy;
· Keep all staff up to date on current events occurring in the sector as it pertains to their respective professions;
· Support and advocate on the team’s behalf, when necessary, to leaders, funders and relevant organizations.
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary Staff and Volunteers?
Our employees embody the YMCA values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility. In addition, they model and are committed to the following competencies;
· Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity.
· Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind.
· Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
· Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
· Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision.
· Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model.
· Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Please note that evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search is a requirement
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Canadian work permit. YMCA Calgary is currently not engaged in international recruitment efforts as we are required to demonstrate that we have exhausted all means of recruitment both locally and nationally.
Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview.
To apply online, please visit https://u10780006.ct.sendgrid.net/ls/click?upn=bKauVQgRRd-2FWUhsgcKcmfWAK4pmiqPd7woNFtNWWkQmm8Y4T-2FqUoSZpTxIZCL9-2F-2BrCrITm9LqL1Ar21-2F-2BbdNaaBeTXlceHbg-2FeAj-2FmhXmTM-3DQVI7_oBGEyQuugc6LazMITHzw9-2FBsj8rnc1GCwTG98j83-2BdHFpGWrqcbx4wfKM1GSyUAgYGjIrnp94SiHZ9HZoyYsAlOYVXgc69K4Samg5vtOJchlciXzMh1zEN9ETEjKIu5e1l54Gnm7pD3pnKLnqcuY2Q5tiVFOz8DUzcc-2FZDtgbr6uOWzOLTshXg6UOOBG2uAnhzbgHeVjAEYBPinUqo2H-2BYz1mV500WO8JvlU3-2BeyM7c-3D