ONLINE TEACHING & LEARNING ASSOCIATE CHAIR, LINC
Compensation: Commensurate with skills
Closing Date: May 31, 2021
ONLINE TEACHING & LEARNING ASSOCIATE CHAIR, LINC
FACULTY OF SKILLS AND FOUNDATIONAL LEARNING
NorQuesters are difference makers, and we’re searching for someone dedicated to making a difference to join our LINC team as an Online Teaching & Learning Associate Chair. This role is instrumental in building student success through support, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
How you’ll make a difference
- Support the online teaching and learning component as well as the ongoing pursuit of continuous improvement including program alignment to e-standards, curriculum development, Moodle and professional development support
- Support program, course outlines, curriculum alignment to PBLA standards including but not limited to promoting PBLA lead teacher certification
- Help represent NorQuest LINC and promote college interests on provincial/national forums (e.g. New Language Solutions board, AAISA committees)
- Support incorporating the settlement stream, including Work-Integrated Learning, directly into language training
- Support select Program Advisory Committees (e.g. Settlement Diploma Program, Work-Integrated Learning) and implement recommendations
- Support college, faculty, program priorities as well as the roles and responsibilities of other members of the Faculty/LINC teams (e.g. proposal ideas and submissions; open houses, info nights, other events including those in the evenings and on the weekends)
- Support faculty and IA development and evaluation plans, classroom and supports observations, feedback
- Support anti-racism, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, culture, and other college initiatives
- Conduct onboarding and mentoring for new employees
- Support numerous complex administrative activities such as timetabling, reporting, scheduling (e.g. courses, workshops, employees)
What you bring
- A minimum of three to five years of demonstrated impactful leadership experience
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Adult Education, Human Services, Teaching English as a Second Language, Educational Technology, Business, or a related field is preferred. An undergraduate degree or post-graduate diploma/certificate and considerable experience may be considered
- Flexible, innovative, visionary thinker with a drive and passion for new ideas and a skillset to operationalize ideas into practice who thrives in a highly dynamic, fast paced work setting
- Commitment to NorQuest College purpose, building engagement and culture transformation, anti-racism, and Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion efforts
- Outstanding administrative skills including but not limited to:
- time management with an explicit focus on and perspective of the “big picture” and ongoing strive for time/effort efficiencies for self and others (progress versus perfection, eliminating tasks that aren’t critical)
- tech skills such as Excel (e.g. pivot tables, complex formulas or knowing how to look them up), other Microsoft applications
- detail oriented
- organization, planning, communication, resourcefulness
- positive attitude, conflict resolution, problem solving skills; working in partnership and good faith with others, escalating issues only when necessary
- Strong ability to lead the whole program towards the culture and an expectation of exercising professional judgement within recommended guidelines
- Practical experience/training and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- online teaching and learning, ideally in a post-secondary learning environment (required)
- employment focused/occupation specific language training and supports, with special focus on WIL initiatives
- settlement processes, including WIL
- program innovation and development
- vulnerable/special needs students
- knowledge of regional needs and programming
- digital literacy, curriculum development, special projects
SALARY: Reflective upon what you bring. AKA your education and experience. Plus, immediate access to our great pension and benefit programs. This is a one-year term position, secondments encouraged!
This is a Faculty role therefore the pay range is quite large, the Faculty Association agreement outlines how pay is determined.
NorQuest College offers flexible work options that include working on campus, working from anywhere or a blend of both!
COMPETITION NUMBER: 2021- 2963
CLOSING DATE: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Apply to become a NorQuester: If this opportunity delights you and your expertise will shine in this role, we invite you to apply for this position online by uploading your resume and cover letter combined as one document.
Psst: Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Difference Makers. If we were to describe what NorQuest College is, we’d say these two words. We are so fundamentally driven in our mission to make a difference to our students, our community, and to our fellow NorQuesters, that it guides what we do, who we meet, and where we are headed.
So how do we make differences?
- We empower NorQuesters. When it comes to working, it’s up to you to decide where (on campus or from another location) and how you work. NorQuesters are expected to embody our Qs—lead from where you are, be dependable, find ways forward—to name a few, but how you do that is your choice!
- We unlock potential. Whether its newcomers to Canada who want to improve their English, students who want to complete their academic upgrading, learners pursuing post-secondary education, or anyone who wishes to strengthen their skills through professional development, our passion to educate touches people of all levels and all backgrounds.
- We strengthen Alberta. From our graduates who hit the ground running, to our partnerships with government, industry, and business, to our commitment to communities, including a dedicated focus on Indigenous communities, we contribute to our province and make it stronger. We strive to be an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit people in Canada by leading, supporting, and being an ally through our work toward decolonization, reconciliation, and Indigenization.
And that’s a snapshot of how we are Difference Makers. But there’s so much more to us and we invite you to explore further!
Apply to: Dawn.Bland@norquest.ca