Program Assistant - LEX Program
Compensation: Hourly $15 - $30
Start Date: Aug. 17, 2020
Closing Date: Aug. 3, 2020
Cultural Connections Institute-The Learning Exchange (CCI-LEX) is a non-profit, charitable organization that connects newcomers to community through English as a Second Language (ESL) classes and cultural exchange.
Position Summary: The Program Assistant plays a key role providing administrative support to The Learning Exchange (LEX) Program. The LEX Program provides flexible, low-cost English language classes, delivered by a large team of well-supported and trained volunteer instructors.
The Program Assistant works closely with the Coordinator, providing day-to-day administrative and volunteer support, ensuring smooth delivery of the program. Duties include, but are not limited to, volunteer scheduling and recognition, information management of volunteer records, as well as organization of lesson materials and identification/development of appropriate learning activities.
This position is the primary on-site liaison for evening volunteers and assists with materials, audiovisual set-up, student issues, etc. In addition, the Program Assistant supports the organization of training workshops, meetings, and events, and supports student intake, testing, and registrations at peak periods.
For the full job description, please refer to our website: cci-lex.ca/about/our-team/
• Perform administrative tasks to support the LEX Program
• Liaise with and support volunteer instructors in all matters
• Handle volunteer scheduling; Ensure clear communication with volunteers
• Assist with materials organization and activity development for the ESL curriculum
• Organize and assist with coordination of training workshops, meetings or events
• Support the Evening Administrator with student intake and registration
• Foster a welcoming and supportive environment for all
Due to COVID-19, duties are currently focused on the coordination of online classes and student/teacher training for online learning. However, all work is completed at CCI-LEX office; safety protocols in place.
• Experience in providing program and/or administrative support
• Experience in coordinating schedules, special events and logistics
• Strong computer/technical skills
• Knowledge of volunteer management practices is an asset
• Education/Experience in adult education and/or TESL is an asset
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
Work Schedule: 20-25 hours/week; Monday to Thursday 2:30pm-7:30pm; Friday 10am-3pm (some flexibility); later evenings occasionally required
Terms of Employment: $21.50/hour. This position is dependent on government funding.
DEADLINE: Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 3, 2020.