Compensation: Hourly $15 - $30
Start Date: Oct. 22, 2018
Closing Date: Oct. 5, 2018
Program Assistant: part-time, afternoons & evenings, temporary position
Starting October 22, 2018
Cultural Connections Institute-The Learning Exchange (CCI-LEX) is a non-profit, charitable organization that provides English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction to adults newcomers. The LEX Program provides flexible, low-cost English language classes with volunteer instructors.
The Program Assistant plays a key role providing administrative support to The Learning Exchange (LEX) Program and volunteer instructors.
Working closely with the Program Coordinator, this position performs administrative duties and provides support to evening volunteers. The Program Assistant aids the Coordinator in day-to-day program support including, but not limited to, scheduling, information management and organization of daily lesson materials. This position is the primary on-site contact and liaison for evening volunteers and may assist with lesson materials, audiovisual set-up, student issues, etc.
In addition, the Program Assistant supports the organization of training workshops, meetings and events, and supports the evening Administrator with student testing and registrations at peak periods, covering staff breaks and in emergency situations.
For the full job description, please refer to our website, www.cci-lex.ca.
• Perform administrative tasks to support the LEX Program
• Liaise with and support volunteer instructors in all matters
• Handle volunteer scheduling; Ensure clear communication with volunteers
• Assist with materials organization and activity development for the curriculum
• Organize and assist with coordination of training workshops, meetings or events
• Support the Evening Administrator with student intake and registration
• Foster a welcoming and supportive environment for all
• Experience working in an office setting performing administrative duties
• Knowledge of program support and data management
• Education and experience in adult education and/or TESL an asset
• Knowledge of volunteer management practices an asset
• Customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written English skills; Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Work Schedule: 25 hours/week; Monday to Thursday 3:30pm-8:30pm; 5 hours on Fridays (flexible schedule on Fridays); overall flexibility is an asset
Terms of Employment: $19.50/hour. Temporary position until March 31, 2019; possibility of extension
DEADLINE: Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 12:00pm on Friday, October 5, 2018.
We thank all candidates for applying, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.