Program Managing Director
Compensation: Commensurate with skills
Closing Date: June 30, 2021
Position Summary: Solomon College is a private educational institute located in Edmonton that has been offering a variety of programs to a diverse group of students since 1996. Committed to excellence in instruction and to the success of its students, Solomon College strives to improve students’ life prospects by providing the information and resources they require to become successful in Canada. Solomon College uses a holistic approach to provide students from diverse cultural, social, and educational backgrounds the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in their personal, academic, and career endeavors. We strive to provide learners with a unique opportunity to experience education in an intimate setting not often available at large institutions.
We are looking for an experienced Managing Director to oversee the college’s operation, provide strategic leadership and drive organizational success in excellent program delivery.
The applicant would have the passion and desire to impact people’s lives in a positive manner.
- Work in close collaboration with the Board of Directors to define the college’s operational direction, and ensure alignment with the college's vision and mission.
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of all the programs at the College according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Execute board policy and decisions, operational planning and service delivery, human resources management, community relations.
- Responsible for human resource recruitment and management, contract assignments,, policies, practices, procedures, contribution agreements, supervisory principles and performance management practices
- Prepare reports which include program activity narrative, outcomes, inputs, evaluations, statistics, challenges, and trends as requested by the program funder
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements both at the program level and at the organizational level
- Supervise all program and project coordinators/managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Keep Board of Directors informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the College to advance the image and profile of the college both locally and beyond
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Develop strategic partnerships with various stakeholders and organizations to support the college's growth
- Create a positive work environment by fostering team wellbeing, providing mentorship and supporting employee growth
- B.Ed and/or diploma in management or a relevant field; Master’s degree is a plus
- Proven experience as program manager/director in an educational institution or in a settlement related organization for at least 3 years
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting and understand issues facing immigrants in Canada
- Track record of providing leadership in support of student achievement and achieve program goals
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics at an organizational level
- Outstanding knowledge of strategic planning, data analysis, reporting and human resources management
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with staff, students, funders, community partners, and others
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to respond to multiple job demands
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the programs associated with it
The posting will be open until June 30, or a suitable candidate is found.