Student Employability Advisor
Compensation: Hourly $30 - $50
Start Date: May 5, 2017
End Date: May 5, 2017
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
1. Hold individual interviews with students to determine interest areas for employment in order to set up
relevant work experience sites.
2. Liaise with the Sacred Heart Foundations and St. Francis Women’s LINC Instructors with information
on the students’ choices of work experience sites and the days the student will be absent from class.
3. Contact and arrange work experience for students.
4. Ensure that students can use ETS or other modes of transportation to go to and from the work site
5. Assist students with securing volunteer security checks and vulnerable sector security checks as
6. Accompany each student on the first day of work experience and work alongside the student to
ensure he/she understands the work that must be done.
7. Model work ethics at the job sites.
8. Monitor students’ progress at work sites with a follow-up visit(s) to each work site.
9. Monitor students’ attendance at work sites and inform the Administrative Assistant and Instructor of
10. Develop and maintain good working relationships with the work site contacts.
11. Assist students in job search.
12. Assist students with filling out job-related forms and/or online job applications.
13. Assist students with preparing for job interviews.
14. Prepare quarterly reports for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
15. Other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator and the Program Manager.
• Relevant undergraduate degree or diploma, or equivalent combination of education and industry
• Experience with MS Office computer applications;
• Able to speak a second language would be an asset;
• Possess a valid class 5 driver’s license;
• Superior interpersonal and English communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively with individuals at a variety of levels within
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple deadline sensitive projects simultaneously;
• Some knowledge of the Alberta workplace would be an asset; and,
• Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and strong commitment to providing quality services to Newcomers.
• Please respond no later than Friday, May 5, 2017 with cover letter and resume.
• Interviews will be arranged for a date to be determined.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those considered will be contacted.