Writing Lead on the National LINC Online Curriculum and Online PBLA Project (CCLB)
Compensation: Commensurate with skills
Start Date: Nov. 2, 2020
Closing Date: Oct. 18, 2020
The Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks (CCLB) is seeking an experienced resource expert to act as the CCLB’s lead writer on a project to develop national LINC online curriculum for CLBs 3 to 5. CCLB is a subcontracted partner for this project owned by Achēv (formerly the Centre for Education & Training) and funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This will be a part-time consultant position requiring strong instructional design, writing and technical skills.
- Provide Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) and Portfolio Based Language Assessment (PBLA) content expertise through content design and courseware writing team leadership.
- Provide guidance to a remote team of courseware writers and work collaboratively with a technical development team for the production of online courseware.
- Create and apply guidelines and processes to support quality control, reporting, file management and workflow.
Number of Days and Duration
50 to 65 days between signing of contract and March 31st, 2021 with the possibility of expansion for the life of the project (2020 to 2025)
Applicants must have:
- A TESL certificate from a TESL program recognized by TESL Canada or TESL Ontario.
- Knowledge and expertise in using the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs) for tasked-based curriculum planning, instruction, and assessment.
- Strong familiarity with PBLA.
- Three or more years’ experience developing CLB/PBLA based content for online learners online content.
- Significant expertise in writing for a digital medium (storyboards, scenarios, audio/video scripts, online assessments).
- Demonstrated ability to lead a virtual team and interface with other teams.
- Ability to be flexible, meet tight deadlines and report on the status of work when requested.
- Strong computer skills and aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Training in instructional design
- A resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements described above.
- Confirmation of your availability to meet the timelines.
- One or two examples of work done on projects of a similar nature.
- The names and contact information for three references for whom you have done similar work.
- Your expected daily rate.
Applications must be received by Midnight EDT Sunday, October 18, 2020.
Please submit your application package in PDF format by email.
Attn: PBLA Project Manager, Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks
Please ensure that the subject line reads “Writing Lead”
We thank all applicants for their interest in this work; however,
please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about CCLB, please visit our website: