Career Mentors Wanted - Edmonton Region Immigrant Employment Council
The Edmonton Region Immigrant Employment Council (ERIEC) is looking for mentors who specialize in ESL.
ERIEC is looking for mentors who are interested in their own professional development. You would be a good mentor if you have insights into the Edmonton and Alberta labour markets related to your profession. You should be interested in learning more about cultural differences and improving your intercultural competency. You should be considerate about employment issues for skilled immigrants and open to learning about the challenges they face.
Our mentors are:
- Established in their profession.
- Familiar with the Canadian workplace.
- Connected to professional and/or business networks.
- Possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Available 4-6 hours/month for 4 months (about 1- 1.5 hrs/week).
ERIEC's Career Mentorship Program can help you develop your leadership skills while giving back to your community.
Mentoring can also help you:
- Enhance leadership and coaching skills.
- Improve intercultural competence.
- Increase confidence and professional growth.
- Strengthen expertise working with a multicultural workforce.
- Support the organization’s commitment to diversity.
- Link to the global talent pool.
Give back and feel good!
If you are interested in Mentoring please email: email@example.com
ATESL Chapter: Provincial