Here to Help: Workplace communication skills for food services
Join a free webinar to learn about a new Government of Alberta funded multi-media resource for CLB 4-6.
Developed to assist newcomers to Canada find and retain entry-level positions in the food services industry, Here to Help: Workplace communication skills for food services is a new open educational resource for instructors working with English language learners.
The Here to Help resource includes:
- 4 Modules, 16 Units
- Video overviews
- Audio conversation listening exercises
- Planned activities
- Reflection and assessments
This webinar will demonstrate how the multi-media resource provides opportunities for authentic workplace communication and demystifies workplace expectations. In the webinar you will:
- Learn about the core objectives of this open educational resource
- Explore the multi-media resource
- Learn how the resource has supported teaching and learning in Calgary and the region
- Wed, May 30, 2018 - 16:00 - 17:00 MDT
This is a free webinar that requires registration. The Here to Help resource will also be available for public use by the time of the webinar.
To register, visit the link at: https://globalaccess.bowvalleycollege.ca/workshops/ell-workplace-communication-skills-food-services-0
ATESL Chapter: Provincial