ILVARC Public Report April 1, 2012 - March 31, 2013
Immigrant Language & Vocational
Assessment - Referral Centre (ILVARC)
ILVARC assists immigrants and refugees to:
1) determine their English language proficiency and/or
2) access language training opportunities and/or
3) advance their vocational/career/employability goals and/or
4) enhance their educational opportunities and/or
5) access support services
These services are primarily offered through first language assistance.
To accomplish its mission, the Centre serves stakeholders and the community by:
1) identifying and analyzing clients’ needs,
2) referring clients to appropriate language, education and training programs
3) sharing information,
4) providing networking and liaison opportunities,
5) conducting workshops.
In addition, the Centre may undertake special projects related to the mandate.
Amharic, Arabic, Bosnian, Cantonese, Croatian, Czech, Dinka, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Macedonian, Mandarin, Nepali, Nuer, Pashto, Persian (Dari, Farsi), Polish, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Tamil, Telegu, Tigrinya, Toishanese, Urdu, Vietnamese.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Alberta Human Services
|Alberta Initiatives Gallery:||No|
|Areas of Focus:||Administration|
|Produced by:||IMMIGRANT LANGUAGE AND VOCATIONAL ASSESSMENT - REFERRAL CENTRE (ILVARC)|
|Funded by:||Alberta Human Services, Citizenship and Immigration Canada|
|Added:||Aug. 16, 2013, 8:51 a.m.|
|Updated:||Aug. 16, 2013, 8:51 a.m.|