FOUNDATIONAL PATHWAY FOR NEWCOMERS English Language Training and Administrative Assistant Skill Development
ATESL is excited to share MacEwan University's newest initiative with our members.
Please note that due to this program's specific eligibility, care should be given in the distribution of this opportunity.
Foundational Pathway for Newcomers: English 30-2 - English Language Training and Administrative Assistant Skill Development Program: 1 year MacEwan Office Assistant Certificate - Administrative, Medical,Legal
Improve your career opportunities and become an essential administrative professional with our
Foundational Pathway for Newcomers program. This unique skill development program combines
academic preparation and English language studies that will quickly transition you into the
12-month Office Assistant Certificate.
This program is fully funded by the Government of Alberta and includes:
• 12-weeks of classes
• In-person classes and instruction
• Consistent part-time schedule:
• 4 days a week: Monday - Thursday
• 3 hours a day: 9:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.
• 2 intakes: January and September 2024
• Free monthly bus pass
• Ongoing support provided
• Permanent Resident or Canadian citizen
• CLB 7 in two skills, with no level below 6, or equivalent
• Intention to enroll into English 30-2 following the completion of the Foundational Pathway for Newcomers program
• Interest in pursuing a career as an Office Administration professional
• Dedication of time and resources it takes to complete the course
Intake deadline: December 2023
Class starts January 2024
Final dates to be determined.
For more information, please email project coordinator, May Yeung
ATESL Chapter: Edmonton