June 1 - Covid Delivery Mode Discussion Panel
The ATESL Calgary Local will be hosting its next PD session on Tuesday, June 1, from 4:00 to 5:30 pm. As many institutions are preparing for a potential shift in the way they deliver their ELL programs, we will be holding a Covid Delivery Mode Discussion Panel so that we can share the experiences and expertise that we have gained over the past year. The panel will consist of ELL practitioners from various institutions who will present the advantages and disadvantages of a particular delivery mode and offer recommendations. There will also be a Q&A period so that all members can engage in the discussion.
The panel will consist of:
- Jana Ciobanu - LINC Manager, The Immigrant Education Society (TIES) - In-person classroom
- Wayne Letcher, ELL Instructor, Bow Valley College & Curriculum/Content Developer, TIES - Asynchronous
- Justin Maier, Academic Manager, Maple Leaf Academy - Hybrid
- Desiree Pomerleau - LINC Instructor, Columbia College & Centre for Newcomers- Synchronous/online
- Sangita Thapa, Nepali Literacy Instructor, CanLearn Society - Remote teaching to literacy learners with online and print materials
If you would like to participate in this session, please RSVP to email@example.com and we will send you the Zoom meeting link.
We hope you can join!
Nancy, Priscilla and Peggy
ATESL Calgary Local Committee
ATESL Chapter: Calgary