May 19th: Let’s Talk About: Reading at the Right Level - Strength, Confidence, and Growth
Please join us on Thursday, May 19th from 4:00-5:00 PM (MST) to talk about level considerations for reading instruction. Emily Albertsen will give a short presentation and facilitate a discussion on this topic.
Discussion topics will be:
- How do you feel when you read at your independent level? Instructional level? Frustration level?
- Do you personally read widely at your independent level?
- Why do you do this?
- What are the benefits for you?
- What are the benefits for learners of reading widely at their independent level?
- What factors make a text easier or harder to read?
- How do you encourage independent reading in your classroom?
ATESL Chapter: Provincial