Upcoming Calgary PD
Hello, Calgary ATESL members!
This past Tuesday, we started off our programming for 2020 with a very informative session on An Open Source Digital Literacy Curriculum for Low Literacy Newcomers. We want to thank Olivia Chen and Christine Do for presenting and to TIES for hosting. We also want to thank all the members who were able to join us!
We are in the process of finalizing the details for the upcoming sessions. Below is a tentative schedule to give you an idea of the topics and also to save the dates! We will send more details of each session closer to the time.
Maria and Nancy
Calgary Local Co-chairs
Tentative Schedule for PD Sessions for 2020:
Tuesday, February 25
Literacy in the Classroom, Literacy in the Community: Integrating Four Strands in the Winter Shopping Project
6:00 to 7:30 pm at Bow Valley College
Tuesday, March 17 - Postponed
- Self-confidence in the classroom
- Maria Dumitrescu, ELL Instructor and public presenter
- Location: Central Public Library, 0-13 Meeting Room, 800 3 St SE
- Time: 3:30 to 4:45 pm
Thursday, April 2 - Postponed
- Assessment CLB Writing: Profiles of Ability
- Bob de Hoog, ELL Instructor, Bow Valley College
- Location: Bow Valley College, 345 6 Ave SE, North Campus N417
- 6:00 to 7:30 pm
Date - TBA
Mini-conference at Mount Royal University
Saturday, June 20
- Two workshops:
- 9:30 to 10:30 am: Crisis De-escalation
- 10:30 to 10:50 am: Break
- 10:50 am to 12:00 pm: Stress Reduction
- Facilitated by John Wang, LINC Quality of Life Supervisor, The Immigrant Education Society (TIES)
- Location: Assembly Room at TIES, 3820 32 St NE
- We will do the draw for the free ATESL conference registration at this session.
November Winter Social
ATESL Chapter: Calgary